If you are holding a musicology conference or symposium in the New England area, please email ams dot newengland at gmail dot com to be added to this calendar. This includes virtual events. Thanks for helping us try to avoid conflicts within our region and discipline!
RECENT & FORTHCOMING PUBLICATIONS
- Paul-André Bempéchat, Jean Cras, Polymath of Music and Letters, Second edition. (Peter Lang Verlag, 2021).
- Erinn Knyt (U Mass Amherst), " J.S. Bach and Metatonality in the Early Piano Pieces of Ferruccio Busoni" in Musics with and after Tonality: Mining the Gap, edited by Paul Fleet (Forthcoming December 2021)
- Alex Ludwig (Berklee College of Music) and Simone Pillon, eds. Woodstock Then and Now: A 50th Anniversary Celebration (Clemson University Press) -- available for pre-order
- Andrea Olmstead, Vincent Persichetti: Grazioso, Grit, and Gold (2019 ASCAP-DEEMS TAYLOR AWARD winner now in paperback)--order from Rowman & Littlefield with 30% discount code Create account. Check out and enter RLFANDF30 to purchase for $35
- Hilary Poriss (Northeastern University), Gioachino Rossini's The Barber of Seville (Oxford Keynotes)
- Joel Schwindt (Boston Conservatory at Berklee), Orpheus in the Academy: Monteverdi's First Opera and the Accademia degli Invaghiti
Dues are for the fiscal year, which runs 1 July - 30 June. All presenters and attendees, as well as anyone who wishes to maintain active membership, is asked to remit $10 dues for the year.
To pay dues, please go to the website of the American Musicological Society (amsmusicology.org), scroll down to the very bottom and click on "AMS Online Store". From there you will want to select the box that says "AMS New England Chapter" and that will put it in your "cart". You can follow the prompts and pay either with PayPal or a credit card.
Join our Mailing List!
If you would like to be on the mailing list for the chapter, please email us at ams dot newengland at gmail dot com with:
1. your name and pronouns (if desired)
2. your preferred email address
3. Institutional affiliation (optional)